Friday, September 24, 2004

News Channel 15 Concerned About Sinead O'Connor's Sanity

From News Channel 15 in Fort Wayne, Indiana:

Sinead O'Connor has taken out a full-page ad to proclaim her sanity. The former pop star claims in the Irish Examiner newspaper ad that she's "consistently ridiculed" and "called mad." She asks "not be bashed and called crazy and laughed at" when she sings or speaks. The two-thousand-word essay also asks "If ye all think I am such a crazy person why do ye use me to sell your papers?" During her career, O'Connor specialized in attention-seeking stunts. In 1992, she ripped up a picture of Pope John Paul on "Saturday Night Live." She also refused to allow the National Anthem to be played at her concerts in the U-S.
------------------
Why this would be included on the News Channel 15 website is really beyond me. I mean, if ye all think there's a reason, I'd like to hear it.

I really like Sinead O'Connor's music, especially "Mandinka," though I have no idea what it is about.

No comments: