Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Grace Jones Is Not Advanced

I love Grace Jones, and she displays many Advanced qualities. But I'm having a hard time with her recent criticisms of current stars like Kanye West and Miley Cyrus. And now there's this:
In another interview on SiriusXM, Jones recalls the first time she met Gaga in the flesh: "Gaga came to me, and I just could not find a soul. I come from Church — maybe that has something to do with it. I like to get to the soul of a person. I just didn’t feel a soul." Though Jones adds that Gaga "might have been freaked out with meeting me," their interactions never got any better. Jones says she met with Gaga through designer Philip Treacy three more times, each occurrence leaving a sour taste in her mouth. "I know Philip needed to make some money, but you know what, can you just wait until I finish my tour before you repeat what we are working on?" she says, referring to the headpieces he's created for Gaga.
The Advanced move is to partner with seemingly lesser artists, especially if your fans think they are awful, and sometimes even say they are better than you.


No comments: