Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Time to Take Alice Cooper More Seriously?



Obviously Alice Cooper is amazing on a number of levels (Where Jocks and Rock Meet!), but I tend to forget how good some of his music is. This song popped up on one of my music players--machine learning is good--and it made me stop what I was doing and paying attention. Somehow I missed it in 1980, maybe because I was 9 and was more of a "Go to Hell" man, and I don't remember hearing it after I became aware of more music. Anyway, the one criticism I have is that it seems to be following in Gary Numan's footsteps a little too closely, but I don't know the history well enough to say for sure. And those are pretty weird footsteps for Alice Cooper to be following at that stage in his career. Anyway, I think it might be time to look a little more closely at Alice (and Gary Numan for that matter).

No comments: