Thursday, February 09, 2006

Stewart Copeland's Police Documentary: Update

From billboard.com:

The documentary "Everyone Stares: The Police Inside Out" will be released March 28 on DVD via Universal Music Enterprises/A&M. As previously reported, Police drummer Stewart Copeland assembled the film from his own personal footage shot over the years while both on and off stage. "Inside Out" premiered last month at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah.

As Copeland previously told Billboard, visiting his past brought many thoughts to mind. "It's very cheerful," he said of the footage. In fact, when he looked for scenes to accompany his narration about the band's demise, he could not find shots "of us looking pissed off at each other." However, he admitted, "I put my camera down the last year or two. I felt like I should be living it instead of shooting it."
-------
Sting's solo career has been almost enough to sour me on the Police (though he may just be more Advanced than even I can take), I look forward to this DVD. I think I wouldn't care that much if it hadn't been Stewart Copeland's movie.

No comments: