Tuesday, June 22, 2004

At Right End: Lou Reed

Britt sent me these lyrics to illustrate the advanced/sports connection.

from coney island baby:

You know, man, when I was a young man in high school
you believe it or not I wanted to play football for
the coach
And all those older guys
they said he was mean and cruel, but you know
wanted to play football for the coach
They said I was to little too lightweight to play linebacker
so I say I'm playing right-end
wanted to play football for the coach
'Cause, you know some day, man
you gotta stand up straight unless you're gonna fall
then you're gone to die
And the straightest dude
I ever knew was standing right for me all the time
So I had to play football for the coach
and I wanted to play football for the coach

-------------------------
That is advanced, everybody.

-J

No comments: