Thursday, November 02, 2006

Return of Bad Brains

Billboard bulletin: Bad Brains back in business...

"On-again/off-again rock act Bad Brains appears to be on once more. After being asked to kick off the final week of shows at CBGB with a trio of sold-out performances, the original Bad Brains line-up of singer H.R., guitarist Dr. Know, bassist Darryl Jenifer and drummer Earl Hudson has been jumpstarted.

"...Tying in with the recent flurry of activity is a long-in-the-works, as-yet-untitled studio album produced by the Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch. The set should see the light of day next spring. 'The lawyers are finishing up the last little tidbits of it,' Dr. Know says. [I love that lawyers are finishing it up, rather than, say, a producer. -JH]

"There's a lot of dubs and there's some old school-meets-new school Brains,' he continues. 'Not moderate tempo, but fast tempo. Yauch said, 'Man, I want y'all to do some old school-type sh*t,' so we did it like that." Song titles for the rock tracks include "It's All Rock'n'Roll"....

Now that is an Advanced title! I'm so pleased that they are coming back, though I imagine I won't listen to the new record because I hardly listened to their old records. Still though, they're one of my favorite bands, if only in theory.

No comments: