Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cheap Trick to bring 'Sgt. Pepper' to Las Vegas

Here's the story:
Cheap Trick will interpret The Beatles' classic 1966 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" during a September Las Vegas engagement.

The band will kick off the performances, complete with a full symphony orchestra, Sept. 13 at the Las Vegas Hilton. The showcase will run over nine nights and will feature "special musical guests to be announced later," according to promoters.

"We are going to make rock 'n' roll history by incorporating this legendary American rock group with the music of The Beatles," said Bill Edwards, the show's producer, in a press statement. "This is a groundbreaking performance that everyone said couldn't be done live, but Cheap Trick has perfected it."

I used to joke about making an album called Jason Hartley Perfects the Classics, but I'll be darned if Cheap Trick hasn't gone an one-upped me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you at the 20th???? Saw you won a superlative, but I didn't see you. Winning a superlative at your 20th HS reunion...Advanced, or Orvert?????

Teacherfriend

Advanced Genius Theory said...

I was there, but didn't see you. I spent most of the night off in the corner talking to the three or four people I was friends with...