Monday, October 04, 2004

Nothing to See Here

Not much going on in the world of the Advanced so far today. Charlie Watts has beaten cancer it seems, which is great news. My favorite story about Charlie Watts is this: The Rolling Stones had just finished one of their tours (I'm not sure which one), and a reporter asked Watts how much money they made. His response: "Thousands." That is the best answer you could give to that question if you are the drummer for the Rolling Stones.

I saw the world's worst busker singing Radiohead's "Creep" this morning. He's an African American guy who has a very flat voice and always plays stuff by Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains. Still, he's out there every morning in his sunglasses and all-black outfits at 6:30 in the morning, so I applaud his efforts. In fact, I now look forward to hearing him and kind of enjoy his singing. It's only a matter of time until I get to the advanced state of mind and think he is amazing. It reminds me of one summer in the late '80s I spent trying to like everything I saw on MTV. It didn't take very long before I loved everything, especially the Bobby Brown song from "Ghostbusters II."

No comments: