Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Tuesday Afternoon

Not much going on in the advanced world today. In fact, it's been slow for a while now. I need an intern to look up rates of advanced activity by season. Husker Du reunited sort of (without their Geraldo lookalike) for a benefit. That was nice. I was sad to see John Peel died. I heard a lot of good things about him. Will we ever have another influential DJ in the traditional sense? There's yet another Ramones movie coming out, and it is called, I believe, "Raw." It is a bunch of home movies made by one of the fake Ramones and edited together with narration by one of the now dearly departed Ramones. It is a bit more sunny, they say. Prince has stirred up controversy with a video that portrays a girl blowing up a building or something like that. Big whoop, I say. Did I ever mention that finding religion is advanced? It is. So is being outed as a heterosexual. The newest R.E.M. album is a dull affair, but it's possible I'll like it eventually. I think by staying together, the members of R.E.M. have prevented themselves from becoming advanced. Bill Berry is probably the most advanced of them all. (Doesn't everyone wish they could be a gentlemen farmer?) I'm beginning to think that it is impossible to be advanced as long as you are in the band that made you famous. Going solo, trashing your former band, then reuniting for cash seems to be the only way to do it. Or be a solo performer all along, like Bob Dylan.

Let's hope things pick up in November.

No comments: