Monday, October 18, 2004

Writin' Emails to Each Other Blues, Part 7

There is a conversation going on at slate.com about Bob Dylan's book. They both agree that it is great because it isn't a straight autobiography. They like that he skips around and leaves out parts of his life that people want to know about, like the motorcycle crash. I have a feeling that part two will start like this: "I was in a motorcycle crash and stayed in the hospital. The first day..." Of course, it's impossible to predict what the ultra-advanced Bob Dylan will do, which is why I consider him ultra-advanced.

2 comments:

Jim Donahue said...

I heard His Bobness in an NPR interview recently, and was stunned at his speaking voice. He didn't sound at all as I expected. (Which is odd, because I must have heard him speak before, though it's been years.)

He sounded... oh, how do I say this? Normal. Yeah, that's it. Normal.

Advanced Genius Theory said...

He does that every once in a while. He made an amazingly lucid speech at the Oscars (well it was for the Oscars) that I couldn't believe. It was comletely normal stuff. I can't explain it.