Thursday, November 18, 2004

Do They Know Who's Playing Bass?

There's a bit at nme.com about Paul McCartney's playing bass on the new Band-Aid single. Here's part of it:

NME.COM was there and spoke to McCartney just after he finished recording the bass part. He said that despite tabloid pressure to record vocals for the song, which is released on November 29, he was only asked to provide bass.

He said: "We’re keeping away from the hullabaloo while we try and get a backing track. I play bass on it, that’s really all I was really asked to do and that’s what I fancied doing. It’s kind of nice to do that.

"And then the national, wonderful press got into ‘Why aren’t you singing? Oh he’s too old!’ and did all that shit. I was like ‘Oh, fuck off!’ So I’ve just done what my producer asked me to do, he’s producing it."

McCartney has been working on his new album with Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich....
-------
I didn't know that he is working with Radiohead's producer. That must be Advanced, but I can't quite put my finger on how. Of course, that's the beauty of the theory, isn't it? I also enjoy McCartney use of profanity.

No comments: