Monday, February 12, 2007

Sting: He's Good Po-lice

So the Police played the Grammys last night as you all know, and now they're going to tour the world. I've been wrestling with the Sting issue for years (Super Advanced or terrible?), but now I've really, really decided that Sting is Advanced and that I've been a fool to deny the greatness of his solo work. If I could convince someone to pay for all the records, I'd like to sit down one day and listen to all his solo albums in chronological order. I would be in such a state of Advancement, I don't even want to think about it. Incidentally, the band sounded pretty great, I thought. And I really enjoyed that weird little Sting-ified bit in the middle, much to my surprise. Another thought: Physical fitness might be a part of Advancement. After all, most Advanced Artists are in great shape. Must be all that martial arts practice. I'll have to think on it for a while, as Omar from "The Wire" would say.

(By the way, Sting looks ecstatic in this picture, doesn't he?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew he was advacned after I saw this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hd0l2UvGXn8