Chuck Berry is advanced:
1. "My Ding a Ling" (his first gold record)
2. For many years, his backup band has been whatever terrible band happened to be in the area.
3. His signature riff was stolen from his piano player, and he admits it.
4. Sings a lot about rock'n'roll.
5. Many of his songs sound exactly the same.
6. He flies to gigs in commercial planes and checks his guitar.
7. His guitar is hardly ever in tune.
8. Most advanced people worship him.
9. He refused to release albums for many years.
10. He had problems with the I.R.S. (see Willie Nelson)
11. He made Keith Richards look sane.
12. Here's what Robert Quine has to say about "Waves of Fear" from Lou Reed's 1982 album "The Blue Mask": "The first time I heard it, I knew exactly what I would do. Got out the Fernandes, the Memory Man, the little Peavey Bandit, got that scary chorus sound, and did these Chuck Berry things up and down the neck. It just fell into place."
13. Infuriates everyone who loves him.
14. He has released countless "Greatest Hits" with the same songs on them.
15. "Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll"
There's a lot more, I'm sure, but you get the picture.