Monday, September 27, 2004

But This Zimmerman Is

There are a lot of articles about Bob Dylan's new autobiography, but I particularly enjoyed this bit from the NME:

He said that life improved for him in the Eighties. "In my real life I got to do the things that I love the best...Little League games, birthday parties, taking my kids to school, camping trips, boating, rafting, canoeing, fishing...I was living on record royalties."
-----------------
I think part of being Advanced is realizing the importance of having a real life. Sure it's fun to live the overt rock'n'roll lifestyle, but that is an empty experience. Settling down is much more fulfilling. And Advanced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think part of being Advanced is realizing the importance of having a real life. Sure it's fun to live the overt rock'n'roll lifestyle, but that is an empty experience. Settling down is much more fulfilling. And Advanced.

Thought it bore repeating. You're so right.