Monday, September 27, 2004

High School Student Grapples With Advancement

I was just browsing through the Fairbanks "Daily News-Miner" (as I always do on Monday mornings) when I discovered this review of Lou Reed's recent live album, "Animal Serenade." The reveiw was written by a high school student who is Velvet Underground fan but is a bit confused by Lou Reed's new sound. While acknowledging that Reed is "a legend of rock'n'roll," he says that he was a bit disappointed with the reworking of VU songs. He is annoyed by Fernando Saunders' presence in the band, especially the vocals. But I think this young writer has a future in appreciating advancement. He finds Reed's voice "refreshing" and enjoys the opening of the record where the musicians are introduced while they play a song (introducing the band members during a jam is Advanced). And I was very pleased to read this: "Another very, very cool number is 'How do you think it feels' which has an awesome opening guitar riff that I could jam to all day." Now that is an Advanced thing to say. Good job, Cameron Casper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm Cameron Casper, and I was just searching for my name in google when this popped up, and I'm very flattered. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
................................
essay term paper-Essay Writing Help