Wednesday, September 22, 2004

While My DVD Gently Weeps

Something odd from reuters:

Capitol Records on Tuesday said it will soon release a new DVD with performances by George Harrison as well as archival footage featuring the ex-Beatle talking about his solo career and formation of his label, Dark Horse Records.

The 75-minute DVD, included in Capitol's recently released Harrison boxed set, "The Dark Horse Years, 1976-1992," will be released individually in the United States on Nov. 2.

The film sports seven music videos for such tracks as "Got My Mind Set on You" and "When We Was Fab" and four live clips from Harrison's 1991 Japanese tour with Eric Clapton ("Taxman," "Cloud 9," "Devil's Radio" and "Cheer Down").

Also included are three extracts of Harrison performing in the 1986 Madonna film "Shanghai Surprise" and studio clips of the artist dueting with Vicki Brown on the title song. Elsewhere, Harrison discusses his solo career and the motivation for forming his Dark Horse label.
----------------------
I'm interested in the motivation for creating this DVD. I can't imagine anyone wanting this thing, but I do love my "When We Was Fab."

No comments: