Monday, September 11, 2006

Nick Cave Movie Wins the Second Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

From NME:

"Nick Cave has won the inaugural Gucci prize for script writing at the Venice Film Festival for 'The Proposition'. The criteria for the award, made on Friday (September 8), was any internationally acclaimed artist for outside cinema who has made a remarkable contribution to a film in any capacity in the previous 18 months."

Does those criteria strike anyone else as somewhat suspicious/ridiculous? I love it, of course, but one wonders if Nick Cave's agent works for the film festival. Anyway, the good news is that he plans to follow up with...a comedy set in the Outback! He is just itching to be Advanced if you ask me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking my emails I see my best mate (and bassist) Big Dave said in March:

"Just been to see The Proposition, with a Nick Cave screenplay, and music by Cave & Warren Ellis. Pretty damn good - standard western plot of rape, revenge,
and psychos, but some stunning oz skies & scenery."

That's a recommendation I listen to.

Of course, I am one of the few who has The Boys Next Door album so I can take the piss out of Mr Nick Cave when I need to...