Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Greatest Hits and Shame

At cnn.com, there is a list of the best greatest hits records of all time. It's an interesting list: Echo and the Bunnymen come in at number one, and it includes the Cramps and a lot of good, weird bands. There is also a funny quote from Bruce McCullough: "Greatest hits are for housewives and little girls!" I know that a lot of people feel that way, but I like them. I used to be embarrassed to buy them, so I would buy "real" albums instead and never listen to them. Of course with the Apple music store and MP3s in general, I don't have to worry it anymore. But for those of you still buying records at stores, don't be ashamed to buy a greatest hits album. I mean, I love the Walker Brothers and all, but I don't really need to hear their deep cuts.

No comments: