Friday, October 21, 2005

Chris Martin Outbids Bono

From nme.com:

Chris Martin has brought Michael Stipe's lunchbox. The Coldplay man snapped his mentor's sandwich holder at a charity auction on October 16, outbidding Bono for the REM memento. Stipe's aluminium box was one of the lots at auction which raised $51,000 for charity at the Lunchbox Auction Kickoff event. The are now set to be six more lunchbox auctions with The Edge, Bono and David Bowie among those designing items.

"I was really honoured to be a part of the lunchbox auction," Stipe told REMHQ.COM. "The kick-off in New York was great fun and has gotten tremendous response. A lot of the lunchboxes are really beautiful and both FOODBANK FOR NYC and THE LUNCHBOX FUND are excellent organizations with a lot of reach."
-------
When I was a kid, I ate in the cafeteria, so I didn't have a lunchbox. That meant that when I needed to bring my lunch for, say, a field trip, I had to use whatever we had. More often the not, I had to use a Roman Meal bread bag, which I found embarrassing. And now Chris Martin (who is married to Gwyneth Paltrow, by the way, and has sold zillions of records) has Michael Stipe's lunchbox. Darn.

1 comment:

c said...

you should check out edge's lunchbox. it is up on ebay, a bit out of my price range at over $1,500. but it is scary, yo.