Thursday, September 08, 2005

Nick Cave: Brother My Cup Is Empty

Not much going on in the Advanced world, but there is this one interesting little nugget from contactmusic.com:

"Veteran Australian rocker NICK CAVE spectacularly threatened to walk out of a London gig last month (25AUG05) after a security guard banned him from taking beer on stage. The edgy FROM HER TO ETERNITY hitmaker was so furious at Alexandra Palace's strict rules, he stormed back to his dressing room and informer promoters he would not appear without his customary beer. A furious Cave insisted, 'If I can't take a beer on with me, I'm going back to my dressing room. You can go out there and tell some jokes to entertain the crowd for three hours.' Special allowance was eventually granted for the band to perform with alcoholic beverages onstage."

Ah, rock stars, those little devils.

No comments: