Thursday, March 31, 2005

Alice Cooper: Freedom Rocks

According to rollingstone.com, Alice Cooper has been working on a new album, "Dirty Diamonds":

This isn't a concept album, like recent outings Brutal Planet and Dragontown. Instead, Cooper says, he took a suggestion from his old producer Bob Ezrin, who helmed such Cooper classics as Killer and School's Out. "One of the things Bob said was, 'If you're just gonna do twelve songs, how about twelve great songs -- no filler? If I hear filler on your album, I'll personally come beat you to death with a hammer,'" explains a chuckling Cooper, who says he's bounced ideas off Ezrin throughout his career.

...Dirty Diamonds was actually overseen by Steve Lindsey, who co-produced Cooper's 2004 duet with rapper Xzibit "Stand" (off the official Olympics Games album, Unity) and has worked with Elton John, Luther Vandross and Leonard Cohen. [I'm really going to have look into this Steve Lindsey guy.] Cooper describes the title track of Dirty Diamonds as an "epic" similar to his multilayered 1971 song "Halo of Flies."

...While he made headlines last year by calling artists who campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry "morons," Cooper says he doesn't begrudge activist rockers their say. "You're American, you get to do that," he says. "And now if you live in Baghdad, you get to do that, too."
--------
I'm pretty sure it's always been okay for Iraqis to call Americans morons.

9 comments:

tweedledeetweedledum said...

This blog is awesome! If you get a chance you may want to visit this download screensaver site, it's pretty awesome too!

Bud Wiser said...

Great page! Excellent points! Hope I can get away from my voice ringtone long enough to come back again! Keep up the great work!
voice ringtone

Baller said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my how to play guitar site

It has all guitar related stuff.

Thanks

TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

Julian Silvain said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about mens male enhancement reviews) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about mens male enhancement reviews related articles and subjects.

jon said...

We are trying to find good free movie download full to take the kids this weekend. Good free movie download full reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks

Michael said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a ##KEYWORD## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Domain Names For Sale
Thanks

Jack Naka said...

Cool blog you have going here, I will check in often! I have a similar site about wholesale fashion jewelry. It pretty much covers wholesale fashion jewelry related stuff.