Tuesday, March 08, 2005

"Smile" DVD

According to billboard.com, the movie "Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile," which I've written about in the past, is coming out on DVD. On one disc is the movie, on the other is "a full performance of the album mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, outtakes from the documentary, footage from the recording of the album and Wilson performing five songs at his piano both solo and in collaboration with band members." There's more: "Wilson is already writing songs for his next work. 'I think it will be a rock'n'roll album,' he told Billboard last month. 'Wouldn't that be great? "Smile" was a pop album. We need rock'n'roll for sure.'" First Sting, now Brian Wilson. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they have been reading this blog. For those of you who don't know, embracing rock'n'roll is one of the hallmarks of Advancement. If Wilson tours in a black leather jacket, I won't know what to do with myself.

No comments: