Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Year of the Cat

According to billboard.com, Peter Criss is working on a solo album. Here's the scoop:

"I started writing this stuff a couple of years back, actually," Criss tells Billboard.com. "I was procrastinating, that's the big thing with me. So I buckled down, we started building this studio, it's here, and we've been working on it. It's exciting -- I've got a whole bunch of new material. It's going to be really good."

Criss is best known for singing Kiss' more tender material ("Beth," "Hard Luck Woman"), and the upcoming album appears to be cut from the same musical cloth. "It's kind of like a ballad album," he says, "but that doesn't mean it's Frank Sinatra meets Nat King Cole. It's kind of like maybe Led Zeppelin meets Nat King Cole. It's like 'Rubber Soul' -- the Beatles are a big influence to me. There's some of Clapton, some of Hendrix."

Meow!

No comments: