Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Rolling Stones: Search for Satisfaction Continues

According to billboard.com, the Rolling Stones are going back on the road:

As expected, the Rolling Stones today (May 10) announced another mega world tour during a media event at New York's Juilliard School of Music. The Rolling Stones On Stage outing begins Aug. 21 at Fenway Park in Boston, and tickets to many dates go on sale this weekend. As on the 2002-2003 Licks tour, the band will play clubs, theaters, arenas and stadiums, with each sized venue boasting unique production elements and set lists.

Longtime Stones tour promoter Michael Cohl tells Billboard.com the production for the stadium shows will be the biggest and "most interesting" the Stones have ever attempted, including a feature that will allow 400 fans to view the show from the stage. "You'll get a great view of our bums, so we're going to have to work on them a bit," Mick Jagger said with a laugh.

..."We haven't really done the set list for the tour," Jagger said. "I dare say we'll work up some songs that we've never done before. Perhaps we'll dig into the catalog and find some songs we haven't done for awhile." Added guitarist Keith Richards, "Sometimes they choose themselves."

...With the new album on the way, this will be the first time since the Bridges to Babylon tour in 1997-98 that the Stones have toured in support of new material. "We tried to make this album a very direct album," Jagger offered. "It's a simple album with a lot of different ideas as far as lyrics are concerned. We tried to make it very wide-ranging and very hard-hitting, though it's got its sensitive moments." Richards added, "It kicks some ass."

...With the Stones' members now well into their 60s, could this be the final world tour blowout? "We don't really plan tours and we certainly don't announce the tour as the last tour," Jagger said. "That's a trap to try and get people to buy your tickets. We take each tour as it comes."
--------
I guess Mick Jagger regrets singing "I hope I die before I get old" now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I hope I die before I get old" isn't a Stones lyric. It's from the Who's "My Generation."

By the way, I like your blog.

Advanced Genius Theory said...

I was just joking about the lryic. I couldn't think of anything to write about the Stones, and I didn't want to say anything about Jagger's declaration that he didn't want to be singing "Satisfaction" when he was forty or whatever if was. I sort of free-associated into that one. Thanks for reading the blog!

Anonymous said...

Ah. Makes sense. You have to love the internet's ability to accurately relay tone.

Advanced Genius Theory said...

Indeed. No, I mean it.