Thursday, August 31, 2006

Doree Shafrir Should Write for the Village Voice

From the "Sticking Up for Friends of Advancement as if They Needed It Department ": I just read Doree Shafrir's incredibly snarky and witless piece about Chuck Klosterman. Shafrir is apparently not aware of the saying about judging and book covers. So for that and many other reasons, let's hope Carrie, I mean Doree, won't ever have to worry about what to put on the cover of the book version of this fascinating article about her dog's ever-changing name.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm either not New York enough, snarky enough, Chuck Klosterman-informed enough, or Advanced enough to understand the slight. Or is it just an inside joke?

Advanced Genius Theory said...

I believe she was being critical and sarcastic, but I can't really tell what she's saying, so that's why it annoyed me. If it was supposed to be a joke, it wasn't funny. If it was supposed to be a slight, it was very slight indeed.

Anonymous said...

writing about his clothes is especially ridiculous since his brilliant essay about buying a whole outfit off of a mannequin and the great reaction he got.

Anonymous said...

(to the outfit)