Saturday, January 15, 2005

Can't Get No Girlie Action Blues No. 2

First we find out that Francoise Hardy was not interested in Bob Dylan (she preferred Mick Jagger). And now, from contactmusic.com, it turns out Marianne Faithfull turned him down too. Here's the rest of the story:

Rocker MARIANNE FAITHFULL owes her close bond with BOB DYLAN to the fact she shunned his sexual advances in the 1960s. During a joint tour, Dylan furiously tore up a romantic poem inspired by Faithfull when he discovered she was pregnant with her son NICHOLAS and engaged to her first husband JOHN DUNBAR.

...She says, "We were on tour together and he was at the typewriter and I dared to ask, 'What are you writing?' He gave me a burning look and said, 'A poem. About you.' I told him I was pregnant with Nicholas and about to get married and he tore it up. "But we're sill close friends - probably closer than we would have been if we did f**k."
------
He wrote a poem to Hardy as well. Let this be a lesson to you: If you are the voice of a generation, do not write poems for a woman if you want her to sleep with you.

By the way, why people like Marianne Faithfull is a total mystery me. Also, I don't usually post blog entries on the weekend. But I had the time, so why not?

No comments: