Thursday, January 06, 2005

Giving Your Seven Inch to Robert Plant

According to Big News Network, Lou Reed will be at the South by Southwest music conference. Here's more:

Reed will submit to a formal interview March 18 at the Austin Convention Center as part of the conference, then play that night as a headliner at the BMI showcase at the Austin Music Hall. Reed joins former Led Zeppelin vocalist Robert Plant, who will deliver SXSW's keynote speech and also perform at the annual music industry gathering.
------

I can see why Lou Reed is going to be there, but Robert Plant seems like a strange person to give the keynote speech. I always thought of South by Southwest as more of an indie-weirdo thing, but I guess not. These big industry gatherings are kind of silly, but I guess they're kind of fun, too. I believe my brother's band got to play for John Paul Jones at SXSW, and there's nothing wrong with that.

No comments: