Friday, January 21, 2005

Queen Paul

Here's the latest about the Queen reunion, from nme.com:

...Since the death of singer Freddie Mercury in 1991, Brian May and Roger Taylor have regrouped a number of times for one-off events with singers including Elton John, Robbie Williams and boyband Five.

...The addition of Rodgers came about after he performed with guitarist May at the Fender Stratocaster 50th Anniversary show in London in September. As well as Queen classics, the supergroup will perform songs from Rodgers’ back catalogue like ‘All Right Now’ and ‘Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love’.

Brian May said: "I never thought I would be doing this again. I was always against the idea of putting someone in there trying to impersonate Freddie in any way. Then suddenly I’m looking at this guy who doesn’t in any sense try to take the place of Freddie. He’s nothing like Freddie because he comes from his own place.

"Suddenly I thought, ‘Yes, we can do this’ - we could do one more tour and the songs would mean something new. This would not be like rehashing, trying to pretend Freddie’s still here; suddenly we can reinterpret these songs with someone who understands what he’s about, someone who relates to us. Suddenly it felt right. It’s colossal, and I can’t quite believe it."
------
I have a feeling that there are a lot people who can't quite believe it.

No comments: