Monday, June 19, 2006

Little Ditty About Joseph Conrad

There is not much going on out there in the Advanced World, so if you'll allow me, I thought I'd share with you my favorite John Cougar chorus written by Joseph Conrad (from "Youth: A Narrative"):

"I remember my youth and the feeling that will never come back any more--the feeling that I could last forever, outlast the sea, the earth, and all men; the deceitful feeling that lures us on to joys, to perils, to love, to vain effort--to death; the triumphant conviction of strength, the heat of life in the handful of dust, the glow in the heart that with every year grows dim, grows cold, grows small, and expires--and expires, too soon, too soon--before life itself."

Hold on to sixteen as long as you can!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Life goes on
long after the thrill of living is gone-
John Cougar Cougarcamp