Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Weird Amps, plus Qtrax, Burn and Alanis, Smokey Robinson for Fitness, Brian Eno at Bestival, Yo La Tengo: Ass Beaters

  • I've always loved crappy but cool-looking guitars. And now I think I've found a new source for my amplifiers. (Thanks to Ektopia)
  • EMI is launching a new ad-supported P2P called Qtrax. Why do all electronic devices have to have names like that? I think it's time to go back to the "walkman" style of naming.
  • Morissette and Reynolds have split. Did Burt not learn anything from the Loni breakup?
  • Smokey Robinson is telling people that you have to be fit to sing well. Coincidentally, he also has his own line of health food, so you don't have to shop around.
  • Brian Eno will be making a guest appearance alongside "world music star," Rachid Taha, at Bestival. I dont' know much about any of that, but I do know that embracing world music is Advanced.
  • I can't tell if the title of Yo La Tengo's next album is Overt or Advanced. It's called I'm Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass. What do you think?

No comments: