- The Who have confirmed the release of an eleven-song mini-opera, due this summer. I don't think I have to tell you how Advanced this could be.
- The surviving members of the Beach Boys assembled to celebrate some things. Maybe they should tour with Pink Floyd?
- The New Cars/Blondie tour has to take a break because Elliot Easton broke his clavicle in a tour-bus incident (he's one of my favorite guitarists, by the way). And just when they could have gotten an extra push from the success of Cars!
- Wal-Mart is considering allowing their customers to buy music they like, even if it contains dirty words.
- Mel Brooks is busy at work on a musical version of Young Frankenstein. Whoever will be playing the monster will have some large shoes to fill.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
The Who's New Mini-Opera, plus Beach Boys Reunite, New Cars Take a Break, Wal-Mart Gets Explicit, "Young Frankenstein" on Broadway
Posted by Advanced Genius Theory at 9:59 AM