Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Videos: Nico, Patti Smith, Blondie, Breeders, Cocteau Twins, Pretenders, Tracey Ullman



This Nico performance with Lou Reed and John Cale is not of the best sound quality, but I think you'll still enjoy it. Plus it fits with today's theme (which I assume you can guess). The Patti Smith video reminds me how great Gilda Radner was. The Blondie video brings up my old question: When will it be okay to sing about email? The Breeders video is just perfection. Cocteau Twins make me long for a long time ago (but I still can't bring myself to buy one of their CDs in a store because it seems like girls' music). If there's a better song that "Kid," I've never heard it. And even though I don't feel the same way about her now as I did then, Tracey Ullman's version of this song is heartbreakingly wonderful. Enjoy!

No comments: