- Rush is preparing to release Replay x3featuring 1982's Exit. . .Stage Left, 1985's Grace Under Pressure, and 1991's A Show of Hands. With all these DVD releases, I don't understand how the music industry could possibly be hurting. I wonder if they're lying.
- Ronnie James Dio has gotten together with Tommy Iommi in secret to write a song for an upcoming Black Sabbath box set. Now I know the industry is lying.
- Ever wanted to see an old Moog in plexiglass and learn all about the synths used in Apocalypse Now? Today is the best day of your life.
- Boing Boing is in love with Bossa Disney Nova, a "Japanese CD of legendary Brazilian bossa nova artists performing groovy, loose interpretations of Disney classics." This gives me the opportunity to rave about the horn part in "Bossa Nova Baby." I like it.
- Eggheads meet heavy metal in Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, which takes an "anthropological look at the genre by exploring its links with violence, sexuality and religion." They better talk about "Balls to the Walls."
- Here's a nice collection of the best fake bands from Mr. Show. Y'all are brutalizing me.
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Rush DVD, Dio and Iommi Together, Plexiglass Moog (the Horror), Bossa Disney Nova, Metal Doc, Mr. Show Bands
Posted by Advanced Genius Theory at 10:04 AM