- Alex Kapranos of Franz Ferdinand will have a book published later this year. It's a compilation of his food columns he's been writing for The Guardian. If my time in Scotland is any indication, mayonnaise should be well covered.
- Wal-Mart: If you'd like to smile, clear it with our lawyers.
- Graham Coxon has recorded an unofficial World Cup song, a version of Sham 69's "Hurry Up Harry" (with Jimmy Pursey) called "Hurry Up England." So if you really love Christmas, come on and let it show.
- The long-threatened Roger Waters opera, "Ca Ira," will have its premiere in July. But unless you're in Poland at the time, you'll be safe. (I'm sure it will be fine, but I wish he'd just get back together with his band so I can't support any of his outside projects.)
- Rolling Stone has an "online exclusive" about Nick Cave's movie. It stars Paul Hogan and Yahoo Serious as 19th-century prospectors.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Alex Kapranos Writes a Book, Wal-Smart's Smiley Smile, Graham Coxon to Hurry Up World Cup, Tear Down "Ca Ira", Nick Cave Writes a Movie
Posted by Advanced Genius Theory at 9:25 AM