- UMG have settled their payola dispute with Eliot Spitzer. They gave him a three-record deal with "guaranteed airplay" on radio stations nationwide.
- If you want to be a part of your generation's "recontextualization" of Wire, buy their reissues. If you really want to recontextualize them, don't.
- Monkeys drink more alcohol when they're alone. But they're more likely to get shit-faced if they are in a group. (Because of the feces throwing.)
- Yo La Tengo are joining Robert Plant and others for a good cause. Next stop: Paige, Plant, and Tengo.
- If you see former Beta Band man Steve Mason, his website is looking for him.
Thursday, May 11, 2006
UMG Settles With Spitzer, plus Wire Reissues, Drunkey Monkey, Yo La Tengo and Robert Plant, Where in the World Is Steve Mason?
Posted by Advanced Genius Theory at 5:11 PM