Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Problem With "Rocker"

I mentioned yesterday that Rolling Stone used "rocker" to describe some guy. My original, Overt, stance was that anyone who uses "rocker" doesn't rock very much. But after thinking it over, I think just about every Advanced musician would be described as a rocker, especially Lou Reed. I also think that they would enjoy being called rocker. I used to be worried about the association the term had with that Jackson Browne song where he lazily sings "rocker, oh rocker," but he was with Nico, so maybe there's something going on here that I am not able to understand. In fact, I'm sure of it. And to be honest, I wouldn't mind being called rocker myself. "Rocker" certainly carries more weight than "blogger."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you totally rock, rocker!

Advanced Genius Theory said...

rock on, rocker!