Friday, May 26, 2006

Sting's Next Move: the Lute, plus Ministry to Hang It Up, Phil Collins and R2D2, Tom Petty Milestone, Ivor Novello

  • Sting, I don't understand you. Are you Advanced? Were you always secretly terrible. I want to embrace your new disc of 16th-century lute music, but I just don't know if I can.
  • Ministry has announced that they've got one more record in them. All they have to do is finished their current road trip, the Advancedly named MasterBaTour.
  • Phil Collins once lived with R2D2. Help me, Sussudio, you're our only hope! (By the way, please check out the American Psycho-like review of No Jacket Required at Amazon by Daniel J. Hanlow (scroll down). I've got a feeling he celebrates Collins' entire catalog.
  • Tom Petty is bringing back some moldy oldies in celebration of the Heartbreakers' 30th anniversary. And I'm not talking about Stevie Nicks!
  • Gamble & Leon Huff, Ray Davies, New Order and the Bee Gees were all honored at the Ivor Novello awards. That must have been one hell of an all-star jam.

1 comment:

Jon Black and Britt Bergman said...

Cristian Bale is the most ripped man in the world.
bhb