Thursday, May 04, 2006

Flea Plea: You Can't Download Heart

Flea has written a passionate message to fans who are thinking about downloading the leaked version of the record:

"If you download it now ... you will be getting a pale imitation of the record," Flea writes. "If will be of the poor sound quality of the technique they used to get it on there and that will break my heart. We worked for a year and a half to make the epic record of our lives.""We spent day and night for a year making sure every little sound was just right -- that they were all put together in the most beautiful way we could," Flea says. "We did not leave a stone unturned in doing that work. I can not put in words how much this record, 'Stadium Arcadium,' means to us.""Yes, it is stealing from us, and that is lame."
-----------
Flea is right (downloading is stealing), but he's being lame too. Then again, I really don't want to break Flea's heart, so here's a compromise: I won't download it, but I won't buy it either. Hey, that's what I would have done anyway!

No comments: